Savchenko to Russian court: you have a week left to decide
The pilot showed judges her middle finger, condemning them stalling on pronunciation of the verdict
During her closing speech before the court, the detained Ukrainian stood on a bench inside her cage and showed an obscene gesture to judges. She said as follows:
“The court stole a week of my life from me, so you’ve got a week to come up with a decision; maybe I’ll live long enough to hear it. You could own up to a mistake, but you won’t admit you are guilty. You can announce the verdict now or tomorrow, or in late April, or another six months… If you want to show your strength – alright, bring it on, but remember you’re gambling with my life. The stakes are high, and I’ll win. I’ve got nothing to lose. If the verdict is announced later than in a week, I’ll continue with my waterless hunger strike. I’m done talking and I’m not going to wait for the verdict. That would be all, thank you!”.
Earlier today, Nadia’s lawyer Mark Feygin said that the Russian court is to announce the verdict on March 21. The same morning, Nadia's mother came to Rostov-on-Don to visit her daughters, as the pilot's sister Vira stays in Rostov, too.
Savchenko’s been on a waterless hunger strike since March 4, which under her current health conditions poses serious danger to her life. The pilot demands that the Russian court release her and let her go home dead or alive. On March 8, Russian authorities agreed to let Ukrainian doctors to the custody where Savchenko is being held so as to examine her, as she refuses examination or any treatment provided by the local doctors.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain