Savchenko to fellow MPs: ‘You all are on a Titanic’
The fighter pilot urged Ukrainian lawmakers to ‘pray for people’s forgiveness’
On June 1 in Kyiv, deputies discussed opportunities of creating temporary investigative commission (TIC) on looking into the offshores that belong to Ukrainian officials. Nadiya Savchenko turned to them, urging to ‘repent errors’.
‘I heard a lot of right things that they talked about here. But these words are followed by very wrong actions. Every government that comes to power in this country always points at the high level of corruption among those in the previous Cabinet. But no government has so far confessed they were corrupt, too’, she said.
‘The nation is watching all of you. If you don’t create this commission now, the people will realize you are the same as the previous governments. If you create the commission and it will do no good, the people will figure you out, too. So I advise you to do what the bandits in the post-Soviet society did once. They used to steal a lot, and at some point they felt they were full, eventually. So they took their money and brought them to the church, to the needy. So you’d better pray for people’s forgiveness. Start with yourself, give people something you don’t need. And then, they will support you, and you will save Ukraine. If you don’t, the people will destroy you all, this entire Parliament. So I advise you to create this commission and do it honestly and transparently. Perhaps it will be the first thing that the government can do for the people', Savchenko concluded.
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars