Savchenko starts working in PACE
Ukraine's MP expects "going in the same direction with Europe"
She said this to the UNIAN correspondent before the plenary session of Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe to be held from June 20 to 24 in Strasbourg.
"First of all I am back, and I start working and doing my job. On the other hand, I expect going in the same direction with Europe, in the atmosphere of agreement, understanding and clear actions", Savchenko said.
Before the plenary session Savchenko will meet with President of the European People's Party Joseph Dole and have a talk about how she was treated in prison and what are her plans for the future.
Recall that Savchenko also plans to visit main European capitals.
As well during her speech for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe Nadiya Savchenko said:
"Russia would like to hold me for 22 years, but you wanted to see me earlier and you did all for this, and I'm glad to be among you. I really wish peace and tranquility to Ukraine and Europe. I'm ready to work constructively for this and I hope I will become useful for the Assembly and Ukraine will useful for Europe. But I want you all to understand that Putin didn’t make a conciliatory gesture towards me and all Ukrainians, but showed his supremacy. I was kidnapped, and that is the violation of human rights and for that one must answer before the European Court. All Ukrainians that are held in Russia today were kidnapped, and kidnapping of Crimean Tatars continues. A country that promised and guaranteed security by the Budapest Memorandum after Ukraine’s nuclear disarmament stabbed us in the back. This is betrayal. The delegation, which does not respect human rights, does not respect the immunity of the others, as Russia did to me cannot return. I do want reconciliation too, and I will work in this direction. But I want you to understand that we can win only when one person is ready to die for the idea, and all the rest are ready to support and not let this person die on the front. Now Ukraine is in the first line of fire. We pay with our blood and with the lives of our people for the peace of Europe and the rest of the country. I ask you to support us in this struggle with firm, consistent and clear position. Together we will win. I do not want anyone to go through what I did, what Ukrainians are going through now. I do not want anyone to have such a neighbor like Russia, because you will understand how hard it is. Countries that have Russia as a neighbor understand. Thank you very much".
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars