Savchenko sentenced to 22 years in prison
The Russian court found her guilty in cases of accumulation
Ukraine’s fighter pilot, MP Nadiya Savchenko has been sentenced to 22 years in prison and 30,000 ruble fine. The judge said this while pronouncing the sentence in her case.
The court rules that Savchenko will serve her time in a standard regime penal colony.
The Ukrainian was found guilty in the murder of two Russian reporters who worked in Donbas in June 2014, as well as the illegal crossing of the Russian border. As the judge was pronouncing the sentence, Savchenko started singing an old Ukrainian folk tune, mocking judges and telling them someday they will find themselves behind the bars.
Her lawyer Mark Feygin urged people to immediately join protest actions against the illegal imprisonment of innocent Nadiya Savchenko.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas