Savchenko: Russian people shouldn’t suffer from sanctions
Instead, Ukrainian MP supports implementation of personal sanctions against top Russian officials
Nadiya Savchenko explained her previous words about gradual lifting of sanctions off Russia in the interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel in Strasbourg. Currently, she participates in the PACE session that kicked off on June 20 in France.
‘The war shouldn’t last forever. I mean, in the long-term perspective, every war ends up in reconciliation and peace. Of course, the war and the sanctions cannot last forever – maybe someday, when Russia understands the depth of its mistakes and asks for forgiveness of Ukraine and other countries it hurt’, Savchenko said.
‘I don’t want common Russians to suffer like Ukrainians do. Common citizens have nothing to do with politics. I would add more personal sanctions against the Kremlin, but at the same time, I’d lift some of the sanctions that hurt people – after Russia gets back where it came from, beyond the Ukrainian border. Perhaps a year after local elections in Donbas, one could cancel some of the Donbas-related sanctions. Crimea-related sanctions can’t be lifted until the Crimean issue is solved,’ the former fighter pilot stressed.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case