Savchenko might be placed into hospital again, - lawyer
The pilot continues her hunger strike
Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadia Savchenko might need medical treatment again due to her worsened health conditions. The cause of the deterioration is the hunger strike she’s currently on. Savchenko’s lawyer Ilya Novikov said this in a commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel on December 31.
“A week ago, her health was quite decent, and I can tell that by the last year’s experience. Nadia has extremely strong constitution, despite spending a year and a half in pre-trail detention facility. I hope nothing serious happens to her, at least until the fourth week of her hunger strike”, Novikov said.
According to the lawyer, Savchenko might be refused to be placed into hospital.
“The sentence will not be announced until February. We’ll have to go through another tough period and maybe we’ll have to put her into hospital again. The court might refuse to allow that, since Nadia was present at the court hearings. That makes us work faster and harder and prove all evidence we’ve got”, the lawyer said.
December 25, Rostov region court in Russia denied the defense team’s appeal on the decision to extend her arrest. The court ruled that Savchenko stays in detention until April 2016.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case