Savchenko: I go on a hunger strike in protest against inaction of authorities in releasing prisoners
During her captivity in the Russian Federation Savchenko several times was on a hunger strike
Nadiya Savchenko goes on a hunger strike in protest against the inaction of authorities in releasing prisoners. She announced this today during a press conference.
Note, during her captivity in the Russian Federation Savchenko several times was on a hunger strike
"One of the mechanisms of my release was a protest via hunger against inaction of Ukrainian government. And today I start another hunger strike against inactivity of all the world leaders relating to releasing Ukrainians from captivity. And I'll keep hunger striking until the positive result," - Savchenko said.
Note, during the captivity in the Russian Federation Savchenko went several times on hunger strikes. The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko appealed to her to stop the last one to save her life.
According to official data of the Ukrainian authorities, Russian prisons are holding 10 Ukrainian hostages, 109 people are still held hostage in the occupied territories of Ukraine.
As it was reported earlier the so-called "DNR" rejected Kyiv's proposal to exchange hostages on the principle of 50 militants in for 25 Ukrainian army men, stating that they are willing to exchange "all for all". At that, the rebels want to get back 600 people whose whereabouts are unknown to the Ukrainian party. All other appeals and proposals of Kyiv "DNR" is also rejecting.
It should be noted, according to Minsk agreement, the exchange should be performed only on the principle "all for all" and not later than on the fifth day after the withdrawal of all heavy weapons for the distance of 50 km.
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case