Savchenko: ‘I don’t care about ‘DPR’ leader’s threats’
Ukraine’s Air Force officer commented on Zakharchenko’s recent statement, calling it ‘rubbish’
‘If that’s what he said, I’ll just say he looks embarrassing. It’s rubbish. I’d laugh at that, perhaps even together with him. I don’t see any point reacting to that. If he was here and tried to kill me, I’d react. Otherwise, I don’t care’, Savchenko said in an interview with TSN.
She said it’s unlikely that Alexandr Zakharchenko, the leader of so-called Donetsk People’s Republic, could threaten her. ‘I’m really worried about all these fakes. The media are a scary thing, actually. I can’t be sure it was exactly what he said. I don’t believe anyone telling me things about a person until I see and hear this person by myself’, Savchenko said.
Previously, Zakharchenko said he doesn’t want a direct dialogue with Nadiya Savchenko on the matter of exchanging prisoners. In particular, he said: ‘If Savchenko comes here, I’ll give her a little advice. She comes to the frontline, we simply kill her. Later, when they charge us with murdering her, it won’t hurt our feelings so much’.
Poroshenko arrives in Berlin for Normandy four meeting 19 October, 18:57
Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin 19 October, 20:12
Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande start preliminary meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:21
Putin arrives on Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:46
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels