Savchenko experiences health problems, - Polozov
The Ukrainian fighter pilot lost 15 kilograms in 26 days of hunger strike
Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadia Savchenko ‘s health worsened as she continues her hunger strike, her lawyer Nikolai Polozov tweeted.
“I met Nadia in the pre-trial detention center. It’s the 26th day of her hunger strike, she lost more than 15 kilograms; she doesn’t look very good, but she’s holding on well”.
Polozov noted that Savchenko’s health raises concerns; she suffers pain in her pancreas and waves of nausea. However, the attempts to persuade her to stop the hunger strike were unsuccessful.
Polozov also published photo of Savchenko’s letter to fellow Ukrainians.
In December 2015, Donetsk city court in Rostov region, Russia, extended the period of Savchenko’s detention until April 2016. The day after that, Savchenko announced a hunger strike till the end of the court process, demanding to release her and let her go to Ukraine.
Nadia Savchenko, MP and former officer of Ukraine’s Air Force, is charged with murder of two Russian TV reporters who worked in summer 2014 in the combat area in eastern Ukraine without any permission of the Ukrainian government. The prosecution claims that Savchenko adjusted artillery fire during an attack of Ukrainian servicemen that presumably killed the reporters.
The pilot is also accused of the illegal crossing of the Russian border.
Savchenko, her defense team and the Ukrainian government deny all charges and demand to set her free.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars