Sanctions against Russia must be extended until Minsk agreements are complied with, - Linkevicius
The Lithuanian diplomat urged Russia to withdraw troops from Crimea
Sanctions against Russia must be extended until Moscow fully abides by the Minsk agreements, said Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius. The official stressed this during the UN Security Council session held in New York on December 11.
"Russia-backed militants should leave Donbas, withdraw their heavy weapons, release and exchange prisoners. Local elections in Donbas that are slated for spring 2016 can't be held under gun barrels, so the militants should leave to ensure fair and free election", Linkevicius said. The diplomat added that human rights in the rebel-held territories are systematically violated. "Forced labor, tortures, abductions and murders - this can't remain unpunished", he said.
Linkevicius urged ODIHR and OSCE missions in Ukraine to continue their work, adding that EU sanctions must remain in place until Russia fulfills all conditions of the Minsk agreement.
Klimkin: Safety guarantees are part of effective nuclear disarmament 24 September, 13:45
EU, U.S. call extraordinary session of UN Security Council 25 September, 09:30
UN Security Council votes against Russia resolution on Aleppo 9 October, 13:09
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars