“For the last year, we’ve been on guard of peace and security in Odesa; but they (pro-Russian forces – 112 International) would like to turn the tables. After I turned to the President, he decided to deploy more fighters of the National Guard in Odesa – despite what they earlier said in the Interior Ministry. He gave respective orders to commander of the National Guard Yuriy Allerov and Head of the National Police Khatia Dekanoidze. They deployed 300 men, and several hundred more are expected; eventually, there will be about a thousand of National Guards”, Mikheil Sakashvili told reporter of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“We do know the enemy is preparing for something; the local branch of the Security Service couldn’t even find those who attacked their building during these events in May 2014. But at least for now, they must regroup and do not let Ukraine’s opponents bring their plans into effect”, the politician said.
Earlier, Counselor to Interior Minister Zoryan Shkiryak said there was no need to move units of the National Guard to Odesa for preserving public order in the city during Easter and commemoration of victims of the tragedy that took place on May 2.