Saakashvili: Poroshenko ordered to bring National Guard to Odesa
300 servicemen have been deployed in the southern-Ukrainian city, Odesa governor says
“For the last year, we’ve been on guard of peace and security in Odesa; but they (pro-Russian forces – 112 International) would like to turn the tables. After I turned to the President, he decided to deploy more fighters of the National Guard in Odesa – despite what they earlier said in the Interior Ministry. He gave respective orders to commander of the National Guard Yuriy Allerov and Head of the National Police Khatia Dekanoidze. They deployed 300 men, and several hundred more are expected; eventually, there will be about a thousand of National Guards”, Mikheil Sakashvili told reporter of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“We do know the enemy is preparing for something; the local branch of the Security Service couldn’t even find those who attacked their building during these events in May 2014. But at least for now, they must regroup and do not let Ukraine’s opponents bring their plans into effect”, the politician said.
Earlier, Counselor to Interior Minister Zoryan Shkiryak said there was no need to move units of the National Guard to Odesa for preserving public order in the city during Easter and commemoration of victims of the tragedy that took place on May 2.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars