Russia’s UN delegation blocks Ukraine's draft press release on air strikes in Syria
The Ukrainian side focused on most recent air strikes on refugee camps in the country
During the session of UN Security Council on May 6, Russia blocked Ukraine’s draft press release on air strikes on refugee camps in Syria. Ukraine’s Permanent Representative Office at the UN reported this.
According to the agency, the Russian side noted that the situation with the strikes is “not clear yet”.
In the press release, the Ukrainian side expressed grave concern over the messages about murder of civilians in Syrian refugee camps due to air strikes that took place on May 5. The document also urged all sides of the conflict in Syria to respect the norms of international humanitarian law and human rights, to avoid chaotic attacks on civilian people and to immediately start the investigation of the tragic incident.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars