Russia’s Supreme Court refuses to reconsider sentence in Sentsov-Kolchenko case
Appeals filed by the Ukrainian citizens have been denied
Press service of the court reported this on Wendesday, as quoted by RIA Novosti.
“The judge ruled to deny passing the case and relevant appeals for consideration by the court of the cassation authority”, the court’s representative said.
Previously, in April, Oleg Sentsov and Olexandr Kolchenko filled in all papers that are necessary for their repatriation to Ukraine.
As 112 International reported, Sentsov was detained in Crimea on May 11, 2014 by law enforcement in Russia. He was charged with preparation of terrorist acts. On August 25, 2015 a court in Rostov-on-Don sentenced Sentsov to 20 years of imprisonment. Crimean public activist Olexandr Kolchenko, also charged with preparation of terrorist acts, was sentenced to 10 years in jail.
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case