Russia’s Federal Penitentiary Service collects documents for Savchenko’s extradition
The package will be sent to Russia’s Justice Ministry for further coordination with the Ukrainian side
“Due to the request of Russian Justice Ministry and the Justice Ministry of Ukraine, the Service is currently collecting the necessary materials; that includes Ms Savchenko’s statement where she expresses her will to continue to serve her time in Ukraine”, reads the message as quoted by TASS.
Russian Federal Penitentiary Service added that the papers will be sent to the Russian court and the Justice Ministry under the condition that Ukraine guarantees execution of sentence in Savchenko’s case.
On April 28, Savchenko’s defense team reported the extradition process began; her sister Vira confirmed that the detained fighter pilot received all the necessary documents.
Previously, the lawyers assumed that Nadiya Savchenko might get back to Ukraine by late May.
President Petro Poroshenko said he’d expected the Ukrainian to return home in matter of weeks, adding that he and his Russian counterpart Putin agreed on the procedure of her release.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case