Russian naval vessel entered the Dardanelles, - Anadolu
Moscow, the missile cruiser, crossed the strait and proceeded to Marmara Sea
Russian Navy vessel Moscow is on its way from Syria. January 9, the missile cruiser exited the Aegean Sea and crossed the Dardanelles, Turkish news agency Anadolu reported.
No further information on the ship’s route was available.
The diplomatic relations between Moscow and Ankara worsened rapidly when Turkey downed Russian bomber Su-24 in November 2015. According to information provided by the Turkish side and NATO, the Russian aircraft crossed the Turkish border. Russia, on the contrary, says that the bomber never left the Syrian territory.
As is known, in September 2015, the Kremlin sent an air wing of Russia’s Armed Forces to Syria – at the request of Syrian President Bashaar al-Assad. As the military campaign in the country continues, the air wing and a number of naval vessels from Russia participate in it.
After the downing of Su-24, Russian leader Vladimir Putin accused Turkey of trading oil with the ISIS. Turkish Premier Recep Tayip Erdogan said in turn that he had evidence of Russian citizens involved in the trade. According to the U.S. data, part of the oil supplies coming from the ISIS is in fact illegally shipped to Turkey, but the key customer of this oil is the regime of al-Assad in Syria.
Earlier, 112 International reported that Russian Navy missile crusier Varyag heads to Syria to replace another Russian ship, Moscow.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case