Russian MP: Ukraine’s national anthem should be banned in Russia
Deputy of Russian State Duma considers the lyrics “extremist”
Roman Khudyakov, the MP of the lower house of the Russian Parliament, turned to the Justice Ministry asking to consider “extremist” all versions of Ukraine’s national anthem “Sche Ne Vmerla Ukrainy” (Ukraine’s Glory Has Not Yet Perished).
There are five versions of the lyrics, all of them belonging to Pavlo Chubynsky, the Ukrainian poet of the 19th century.
The reason to ban the lyrics is the poet’s anti-Russian views, Khudyakov said. “This man always hated citizens of the Russian Federation (there was no such state in the late 19th century, when Chubynsky died, - 112 International)”, the MP claimed in an interview with Russian media.
Khudyakov added that with this poem, Ukraine states territorial claims towards Russia. “It says “we will come and conquer territories up to Don River”, he underlined, adding that there are two options to solve the problem; either Ukraine changes lyrics in the national anthem, or the song should be banned in Russia.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain