Russian journalist found dead in Kyiv
A 54-year-old Alexander Schetinin, Russian and Ukrainian journalist, died in Kyiv
A 54-year-old Alexander Schetinin, a Russian and Ukrainian journalist, was found dead in his Kyiv apartment. The cause of death is not finally established. However, Ukrainian National Police suspect that it was a suicide.
Police established that Schetinin died on his birthday, on August 27, in the evening in his Kyiv apartment. His friends found his body, sitting on a chair on the balcony of the apartment. A traumatic gun was lying next to the chair.
According to the press service of the National Police of Ukraine, Schetinin died from a bullet wound in his head. The door to the apartment was locked from inside, no things are missing, the interior setting not damaged.
There's conflicted information about the suicide note. According to some data, the suicide note was found near the body of the deceased, other sources report it was an email, which he sent to his friend.
Schetinin is the second Russian journalist, deceased in Kyiv within last month.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain