Russian flag burned during torchlight procession in Cherkasy, central Ukraine
Local radical activists remembered those killed in Donbas
Russian state flag was burned by Ukrainian far-right activists in Cherkasy region, central Ukraine. On January 29, they commemorated heroes of the Kruty battle with the torchlight procession. Approximately 200 people took part in the event, UNIAN reported.
Procession participants gathered at Bohdan Khmelnytsky square in the city. Marching started with the pray for Ukraine, holding banners and torches in their hands. There were local activists of “Sokil”, “Svoboda” and “Azov” far-right communities. During the procession, members cried patriotic mottos and remembered their compatriots who lost their lives in eastern Ukraine.
The video belongs to Radio Liberty.
Watch the video:
Previously, far-right activists in Kyiv marched Khreshchatyk Street to pay honor to heroes of the Kruty battle.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars