Russian delegation left OSCE Parliamentary Assembly session due to resolutions on Crimea, Abkhazia and South Ossetia
Head of Russian delegation Nikolai Kovalyov called draft document on Crimea "unacceptable"
The Russian delegation that participated in the session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE PA) in Tbilisi, refused to discuss the resolution on Crimea, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and left the meeting. "Radio Svoboda" reports this.
It is noted that the Russian delegation left the meeting of the Assembly after they were unable to convince the members to refuse to accept the resolution on the annexed Crimea, prepared by representatives of Ukraine in the framework of the anniversary, the 25th session of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, held in the capital of Georgia.
In spite of the demarche of the Russian deputies, the draft document is still tabled in the plenary session of the Parliamentary Assembly, the vote on it will take place on Monday, July 4. The draft resolution notes that human rights are constantly violated in Crimea, including the rights of the Crimean Tatar population. The head of the Russian delegation, deputy of the State Duma Nikolai Kovalyov called the draft document "unacceptable." The MP also said that the second project on the situation in Abkhazia and South Ossetia is "extremely politicized and anti-Russian". In this regard, the Russian deputies did not intend to participate in the discussion of the document.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case