Russian Defense Minister visits Crimea
Caucasus 2016 military drills are underway in Russia’s Southern military district, including Crimea
Sergei Shoigu, Russia’s Defense Minister, visited the Russian-occupied Crimea on Friday. He is to personally inspect one of the key stages of the Caucasus 2016 military drills. Russian Defense Ministry reported this on September 9.
The drills are underway; they are lasting from September 5 through September 10. They are held in the Southern military district of Russia, which also includes Crimea. First Deputy Defense Minister Valeriy Gerasimov chairs the exercise.
The Ukrainian government expresses concern over the fact that Russia conducts military drills near the state border with Ukraine, as they might pose direct military threat for Ukraine.
Pechersk district court in Kyiv allowed detaining Shoigu, whom the Prosecutor General’s Office suspects of committing crimes against Ukraine’s national security.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars