Russian Corvette Boykiy spotted in Latvian maritime exclusion zone
The ship is 8.3 km away from the border
National Armed forces of Latvia spotted a Russian Navy ship near its border, report the national defence forces of Latvia.
LV ekskl. ekonom. zonā 4,5 j.j. no terit. jūras bruņotie spēki 20.07. identificēja Krievijas BS Stereguschy klases korveti 532 "Boikiy"— NBS (@Latvijas_armija) July 20, 2016
“On the 20th of July 4.5 miles away from the Latvia border Russian Corvette Boykiy of Steregushchiy-class spotted,” – the message reads.
Steregushchiy is a corvette class meaning vigilant, the newest class of corvette in the Russian Navy.
It is the 271st time Latvia spotted Russian military vehicles near its borders.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case