Russian Central Military District placed on high alert
Putin checks readiness of military forces to act in wartime
Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin ordered on Monday to conduct unannounced inspections of the Central Military District. This was announced by Minister of Defense, Army General Sergey Shoigu, TASS.
"In accordance with his order, the district troops, part of the aviation forces of other military districts, Airborne Forces and Military-Transport Aviation at 09:30, Moscow time are being put on full combat alert," stated the Minister. Russia wants to check its abilities and capabilities of dispersal of aviation over operational airfields.
"We need to work the issues of inter-departmental planning, organization of cooperation, practical implementation of mobilization tasks and tasks of territorial defense together with federal authorities," he claimed. Readiness of several ministries and agencies, as well as administrations of four regions, to act in wartime, will be also checked.
Playing disengagement 12 October, 20:30
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Over past day in ATO zone 3 Ukrainian soldiers were injured, - Lysenko 15 October, 17:07
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas