Russia: Ukraine failed to protect Grabovsky
The lawyer of Russian Spetsnaz fighter Alexandr Alexandrov was murdered; body found in central Ukraine
Russia’s Foreign Ministry accused Ukraine of non-sufficient protection of lawyer Yuriy Grabosky who protected Alexandr Alexandrov in Ukrainian court.
Alexandrov and his comrade-in-arms Yevgeniy Yerofeev were detained in Luhansk region in May 2015; they took part in the Donbas conflict, siding with Russia-backed militants. As they resisted arrest and opened fire, Ukrainian troops detained them and brought them to court in Kyiv. The Russians are charged with a number of breaches of the Ukrainian law, including violation of the state’s sovereignty.
“Kyiv authorities couldn’t or didn’t want to protect Yuriy Grabovsky. Ukraine seems to not adhere to rightful methods or get over something, which contravenes the established order, based on anti-Russian hysteria. Switching to intimidation and physical extermination of dissidents, and now even lawyers, witnesses that anti-democratic, totalitarian tendencies grow in Ukraine; these tendencies are not in line with European norms of morality and supremacy of law, which is one of favorite topics in Kyiv”, reads the message released by the Ministry’s press service.
Yuriy Grabovsky, lawyer of Alexandr Alexandrov, serviceman of the Russian GRU (Chief Reconnaissance Department of Russia), disappeared earlier this month. The National Police issued a missing person's alert. According to Ukraine’s Chief Military Prosecutor Anatoliy Matios, Grabovsky was shot dead in woods not far from Zhashkiv town, Cherkasy region, central Ukraine. He was kidnapped in Odesa, drugged and brought to Kyiv. Later, he was brought to Zhashkiv, killed and buried. His body was found in small hours of March 25.
Matios insisted Russian special services were behind the murder.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Berlin to host Normandy Four meeting today 19 October, 10:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars