Russia threatest US with revange sanctions
US should have no illusions about the possibility of negative consequences - Russian MFA
A responce of Russia on the U.S. extended sanctions was not long in coming. According to the latest statement of Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), "the United States should have no illusions about the possibility of negative consequences. The responsive measures, not necessarily "mirrored", will be taken".
Russia also accuses the U.S. in the inability to adequately assess what is happening in Ukraine.
“Washington does not care about the reduction of tension in the "hot spots"; it is rather irritated by the independent position of Russia on the world stage,” Russian MFA says in the report. It is also highlighted that the U.S. is moved by the desire to "punish us for the strict defense of national interests, for the free choice of the inhabitants of the Crimea and Sevastopol, and thereby harm the Russian economy”.
The U.S. has extended the list of the Russian companies, which comfall under the punitive measures, and the corresponding report was released September 1 by Federal register. Some Russian companies suspected of activities contrary to the Iran, North Korea, and Syria Nonproliferation Act.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas