Russia suspended implementation of agreement on plutonium disposal
Russian Federation names the unfriendly behavior of Washington among the reasons
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed an order to suspend the agreement with the USA on weapon plutonium disposal. The respective document was published on the official portal for legal information.
“To suspend the agreement between the government of Russian Federation and the government of the United States of America on disposal of plutonium, purporting to be plutonium, not needed for defense any longer, its management and cooperation in this sphere,” – reads the document.
According to the order, the decision was caused by “the threat of strategic stability resulting from unfriendly behavior of the US towards the Russian Federation, and by the failure of the US to ensure compliance with accepted obligations to dispose the excessive weapon plutonium disposal.”
Besides, the order also notes that weapon plutonium will not be used for creating nuclear weapon or any other nuclear explosive device, research, developments, designing or testing, connected with such devices or any other military aims in the Russian Federation.
As it was reported earlier, Putin announced in April 2016 that the US have not performed their obligations on plutonium disposal. According to him, the US haven’t built recycle and disposal enterprises as it was set in the agreement, and Russia performed their obligations by building such a plant.
The US decided to dispose plutonium in other way – with special containers, though Russia qualified this to be a violation.
American side announced then that the change in disposal method shall not bring to the agreement reconsideration.
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case