Russia started information war against Germany, - Poroshenko
The Ukrainian President gave an interview to Bild
Russia’s President Vladimir Putin launched the information war against Germany. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said this in an interview with Bild.
The President commented on the Russian propagandist story about Lisa F., a 13-year-old from Berlin allegedly raped by migrants in the German capital. Members of German neo-Nazi movements, Russian media and some network users actively pitched the story. Later, the police of Berlin refuted this information, and German Foreign Ministry condemned Russia for inoculating propaganda.
“It is something entirely new for Germany as it faced shocking Russian propaganda. Ukraine learned what it is a year and a half ago, when Russian media inoculated lies until people started to believe it. This is what Russian hybrid war is about”, Poroshenko said.
The Head of the state noted that in order to successfully withstand Russian propaganda, a Russian-language TV channel should emerge in Europe. That will let the audience know about various opinions and versions of events from various sources, not just from the Russian state-run media, the official said.
Most recently, French Canal+ showed a propagandist documentary about revolultionary events in Ukraine in 2014. The film directed by moviemaker Paula Moreira was obviously inspired and sponsored by the Kremlin. The Ukrainian Embassy in France demanded to remove from air the scandalous documentary.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars