Russia may break down if it continues to keep Crimea, - Dzhemilev
The long-standing leader of Crimean Tatars met with students in Kyiv
The Russian Federation might dissolve if it doesn’t return the illegally occupied Crimea to Ukraine. Leader of Crimean Tatars, MP Mustafa Dzhemilev said this at an open lecture that he read in front of students of Kyiv Institute for Foreign Affairs, QHA agency reported.
“Here’s where Putin’s greatest loss is: as a smart man, he clearly understood that the so-called referendum in Crimea that took place in March 2014 would be never recognized by civilized countries. But he’d thought he could set up a pro-Russian regime in Kyiv, like it was during Yanukovych’s rule. He was wrong. Ukrainians fiercely fought in Donbas, and back then, the Armed Forces were smaller in size and less combat efficient. But now, it’s about 250,000 men in the army, and Putin won’t make his way to Kyiv now”, he said.
According to Dzhemilev, the Russian President has no other option but to withdraw troops from the occupied Crimea and give it back to Ukraine.
“Otherwise, Russia may break down”, he said.
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars