Russia keeps violating rights of imprisoned Ukrainians, - Foreign Ministry
The Foreign Office demands that Russia transfers Olexandr Kolchenko from punitive confinement to common prison cell
On March 10, Olexandr Kolchenko, Ukrainian activist, detained and sentenced to 10 years in high-security prison in Russia, has been transferred to punitive confinement with no explanations or reasons. The Consul Service Department of Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry reported this at Facebook. According to Ukrainian diplomats, Russia continues to breach rights of imprisoned Ukrainian citizens.
Recently, Kolchenko was convoyed to a detention facility in the town of Kopeisk, Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia.
Due to his transfer to the punitive confinement, Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry demanded that the Russian side respects Kolchenko’s rights and sends him to a cell with appropriate conditions. Besides, the diplomats demand that the Kremlin releases and sends the activist back to Ukraine.
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case