Russia forms an air squadron in Crimea
New fighter aircraft came to Russian Naval Aviation in Crimea
Russian Naval Aviation spokesperson Viacheslav Trukhachev stated that Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighters for all-weather, air-to-air and air-to-surface deep interdiction missions, "came to the place of permanent deployment in Crimea. We are preparing for implementing of new technology program," Krymr.
He noted that the new fighter aircraft will gradually replace the Sukhoi Su-24 (supersonic, all-weather attack aircraft, developed in the Soviet Union), which now form the basis of the Russian Black See Fleet. "In the nearest future aviators are to receive some more Sukhoi Su-30 fighters that will form an air squadron," said Trukhachev.
Earlier, Russian troops in Crimea have received three Sukhoi Su-30, and two groups of Russian pilots were sent for aircraft trainings.
Since the annexation of Crimea, March 2014, Russia has been boosting troops and forces on the peninsula.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas