Russia detained 143 railway carriages heading from Ukraine to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
106 carriages were sent on a modified route, 33 - returned to the sender, 4 remain at border transfer stations
In the framework of the new transit restrictions for Ukrainian goods imposed from July 1, Russia detained 143 railway carriages at the border, en route from Ukraine to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, according to the press service of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, citing to emergency response center.
"According to emergency response center, 143 railway carriages were detained on Ukrainian-Russian border o July 1. Carriages were heading to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. 106 carriages were sent on a modified route, 33 - redirected to acceptance of freight for transportation stations, i.e. returned to the sender, 4 are still remaining at border transfer stations," - reads the message. The press service also confirmed that the carriages, which were not accepted by the Russian party on the Belarus-Russian border, are now returned back to Ukrainian Railways.
The message also reads that, according to the State Fiscal Service, no Ukrainian vehicles got the refusal for border crossing as at 9:00 July 1.
As it was reported earlier, on July 1 Russia introduced additional restrictive measures against transit of Ukrainian goods through its territory. In particular, product embargo on a number of Ukrainian goods, including food and industrial products, is extended until 31 December 2017, restrictions on the transit of goods to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, complete ban of transit of goods that fall under the customs duties. The Government of Ukraine July 4 announced its intention to immediately implement a mirrored response to Russia's actions.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain