Russia delivers weapons to Free Syrian Army, - General Staff of Russian Armed Forces
Chief of the General Staff says FSA join forces with regular Syrian troops
Russia sends firearms and ammunition for the Free Syrian Army (FSA), said Chief of the General Staff of Russia’s Armed Forces Valeriy Gerasimov (Interfax-Ukraine).
According to the Russian official, FSA units that oppose Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria, with total strength of 5,000 men, join efforts with regular Syrian troops for joint offensive operations in provinces of Homs, Hama, Aleppo and al-Raqqa.
“The number of FSA units grows constantly. Russian military aircraft make from 30 to 40 airstrikes every day to support them. The Armed Forces also provide assistance with weapons, ammunition and material materiel supply”, Gerasimov said.
Previously, Russian leader Vladimir Putin said that combat effectiveness of the Russian Air Force wing in Syria “is useful for joining forces of both government troops and the Free Syrian Army”. Later, Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov commented on this sentence, saying Russia didn’t supply weapons to the Free Syrian Army, but merely provided supplies in the frameworks of technical and military cooperation with Syria.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Shoigu: Russia and Syria suspended air attacks on Aleppo 18 October, 13:24
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars