Russia carries out operability test in Southern Military District
The district neighbors the militant-held section of Ukraine-Russia state border
Russia conducts and operability test of its troops stationed in the Southern Military District. Russian media report this with a reference to the country’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. The troops are combat-ready starting from 5 a.m. (4 a.m. Kyiv time), Radio Liberty reports.
The test is carried out among units of airborne troops and military and transport aircraft. The troops are supposed to demonstrate readiness to deter airstrikes and to protect important military objects; the units will also practice fighting terroristic threats.
The respective field exercise will also involve forces of the Central Military District. The General Staff of the Armed Forces will control and supervise the drills.
Russia’s Southern Military District neighbors Ukraine’s eastern border, including the section currently controlled by Kremlin-backed militants. Some units of the Southern district are also located in the Russian-annexed Crimea.
Previosuly, Belarusian Army held large military drills near the state border with Ukraine.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case