Russia blocked Ukrainian draft statement for press in the UN Security Council
Russia blocked Ukrainian draft statement for press on Putin's decision about the Crimea status in the UN Security Council
Russia has blocked Ukrainian draft statement for press on Putin's decision about the Crimea status in the UN Security Council. This was reported by Mission of Ukraine to the United Nations on Twitter.
The process of acceptance of the documents is held using the silence procedure - when country-initiator sends the rest of the UN Security Council members a draft statement to the press, and, if no one expressed objections within the specified time frame, the document shall be deemed as adopted.
See also: Pyatt: Crimea is Ukraine
The Russian delegation blocked the draft statement in just a few minutes before the deadline without any explanation. Other countries have raised no objections, and the US delegation has publicly supported the draft document.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain