Russia announced its universal jurisdiction in Donbas
After Crimea, it is the second unabashed attempt of Russia to occypy Ukrainian territories
Investigation Committee of Russia announced the extending of Russian "universal jurisdiction" to "south-east" of Ukraine and legal "prosecution" of the highest political and military leaders of Ukraine, Unian.
Ignoring the fact of the Russian invasion of Donbas, the spokesperson of Investigation Committee Olexandr Bastrykin said: "The situation in south-eastern Ukraine, speaks for itself, it is nothing like the genocide of the Russian-speaking population". He stated that Russia just can not keep calm, when the these crimes related to violation of universally recognized norms and principles of international law take place.
The spokesman also referred to the Geneva Conventions and Minsk agreements on withdrawal of heavy weapons 15 kilometers from the front line and not using weapons (which is fully respected by Ukrainian side, as confirmed by the OSCE observers). Thus, according to Bastrykin, international humanitarian law gives the base for realization of universal jurisdiction in the investigation of "crimes" against Russian-speakers.
Bastrykin said that Russia has the evidence: the testimony of witnesses and victims from IDPs from Donetsk and Luhansk regions and were forced to leave the territory of Ukraine; investigation of corps; forensic examinations, and some other proofs.
Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), and the Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) signed the Minsk Protocol, an agreement to halt the war in the Donbas region of Ukraine, but the Russian-backed militants routinely keep violating the agreemtns.
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case