Russia and Syria to open humanitarian corridors in Aleppo
Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu said that the rebels who lay down their arms, will get the chance to surrender
Russian and the Syrian governments will open humanitarian corridors in Aleppo and offer opposition fighters willing to lay down their weapons to go out of the city.
This was announced by the Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu on Thursday, according to VoA.
Announcement coincided with the announcement by President Bashar al-Assad a general amnesty for rebels who lay down their arms and surrender to the authorities in the next three months.
Syrian government forces and allied troops surrounded the main rebel enclave in the city of Aleppo. According to the UN, about 300 thousand residents were trapped in the eastern part of the city, which is controlled by the rebels.
In a statement broadcasted on television Sergey Shoygu said that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered to hold a "large-scale humanitarian operation" in the neighborhood of Aleppo, to help the civilian population and to give the soldiers who want to lay down their weapons, the possibility of surrender
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars