Russia agrees on 48-hour-long ceasefire in Aleppo
Conflicting sides to let the humanitarian aid into war-torn city
The ceasefire in the Syrian conflict that is expected to take place next week will let Aleppo’s residents get the humanitarian aid. That is also going to be a kind of ‘pilot project’ for further stable ceasefire, Russian army general Igor Konashenkov said as quoted by Radio Liberty.
The official thus commented on the current situation in the heavily bombed Syrian city.
The images and footage of five-year-old Syrian boy who survived repeated airstrikes on Aleppo moved a lot of people worldwide. The image instantly became the symbol of pain, despair and terror that befell Aleppo.
‘Not a single day in this little boy’s life went by without war, death, destruction and poverty in his home country. We should work hard to stop violence’, John Kirby, U.S. Department of State’s spokesman said.
Aleppo, held by Syrian rebels, has been besieged for several months by government troops loyal to president Bashaar al Assad. UN reported that the situation in the war-torn city is close to the humanitarian catastrophe; electricity and water supply systems are destroyed due to frequent bombings.
Source: Radio Liberty
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas