Rivlin interrupts visit to Ukraine due to Peres’s death
Former Israeli president, the renowned veteran in politics Shimon Peres dies at age of 94
Reuven Rivlin, the Israeli leader, interrupted his visit to Ukraine due to the death of ex-president Shimon Peres. Aruts Sheva TV channel reported this on Wednesday.
The long-standing veteran in politics, Peres passed away at the age of 94. His health state rapidly deteriorated this week; earlier this month, he suffered a stroke.
Today, Rivlin goes back to Israel to pay his famous predecessor last honors. Most recently, he visited Ukraine to join the solemn events marking the 75th anniversary of Babyn Yar tragedy. He met with his Ukrainian counterpart Petro Poroshenko and delivered a speech at the Parliament. Rivlin’s visit was supposed to last until September 30th.
Source: Aruts Sheva
Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side 28 October, 20:04
Halloween is coming in Ukraine 28 October, 19:14
Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land 28 October, 20:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case