Rio 2016: Results as of August 16 (morning)
Ukrainian national team dropped to 50th place in the medal standings
The 10th day of the Olympic Games came to an end in Rio, which resulted with the Ukrainian national team dropped to 50th place in the medal standings, according to the official website.
Ukraine has five medals - 4 silver and 1 bronze medals, no gold.
US team still remains a leader in the medal standings - 26 gold, 23 silver and 26 bronze medals, totally 75 medals. They are followed by the UK team (16-17-8, 41), China (15-14-17, 46) and Russia (11-12-13, 36).
The rest of the teams have won no more than 8 gold medals for 10 days of the competition.
In addition, Ukraine has lost team saber final to Russia and won silver.
Yesterday, in the final of the Greco-Roman wrestling at the Olympic Games in Rio Ukrainian wrestler Jean Belenyuk lost to his Russian colleague Davit Chakvetadze with the score 2-9 and got silver medal.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case