RFE\RL: Crimean Filmmaker Sentsov Turns 40 In Russian Prison
Supporters in Ukraine and beyond are marking Oleh Sentsov’s 40th birthday on July 13 -- the third consecutive birthday the Crimean film director is spending behind bars in Russia, which convicted him of conspiring to commit terrorism on the annexed peninsula
Sentsov, who denies guilt and says he was unfairly prosecuted by the "occupiers" of Crimea, is serving a 20-year sentence at a high-security Russian prison following a trial described by Amnesty International as "fatally flawed."
Ukraine will honor Sentsov with a rally on Kyiv's iconic Independence Square, scene of the Euromaidan protests that drove a Moscow-allied president from power and preceded Crimea’s seizure by Russia in March 2014.
Read the full article here.
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case