Reuters: Republican Party chief 'furious' over Trump's failure to support House speaker
Republican Party official furious over his criticism of a dead soldier's family
Donald Trump's White House campaign was in turmoil on Wednesday, with a senior Republican Party official furious over his criticism of a dead soldier's family and his refusal to back the re-election campaign of House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan.
Trump shrugged off the growing party backlash over his insistent public dispute with the parents of a Muslim U.S. Army captain who was killed in the Iraq war in 2004.
"There is great unity in my campaign, perhaps greater than ever before. I want to thank everyone for your tremendous support. Beat Crooked H!" the Republican nominee wrote on Twitter early on Wednesday, referring to Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
Facing uproar over his dispute with the family, the New York businessman hit back on Tuesday at critics in the Republican leadership. In an interview with The Washington Post, he denied both House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senator John McCain support in their re-election bids.
Read the full article here.
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case