Reuters: Germany, France, Italy say Europe must move forward after Brexit vote
Germany's Angela Merkel, France's Francois Hollande and Italy's Matteo Renzi issued calls for closer security cooperation
The leaders of the euro zone's biggest economies held talks on Monday in the aftermath of Britain's shock decision to leave the European Union and said Europe had to turn its back on populists who blamed Brussels for all its problems.
Speaking on an aircraft carrier off the Italian island of Ventotene, Germany's Angela Merkel, France's Francois Hollande and Italy's Matteo Renzi issued calls for closer security cooperation and better opportunities for young people.
In a meeting heavy on symbolism, the three leaders visited Ventotene to lay a wreath on the tomb of Altiero Spinelli, an Italian intellectual seen as a founding father of European unity.
They then boarded the Garibaldi, which is in the front line of an EU mission to combat people traffickers who have carried hundreds of thousands of migrants to Europe across the Mediterranean.
"For many populists, Europe is to blame for everything that goes wrong," Renzi said at the joint news conference before the leaders sat down for talks aboard the ship.
Read the full article here.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas