Reporters have been forbidden to take Savchenko’s photos in court, - Novikov
The respective order was issued by court chairman, the lawyer said
Journalists now have no right to take photos or videos of Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko. Such is the decision of the court chairman in Donetsk city court, Rostov region (Russia). Savchenko’s lawyer Ilya Novikov tweeted this on January 13.
“Today, the reporters were banned from filming or shooting Savchenko. They must be thinking no one notices how much drawn she looks”, he wrote.
As is known, December 25, Rostov region court in Russia denied the defense team’s appeal on the decision to extend Savchenko’s arrest. The court ruled that the pilot stays in detention until April 2016. December 18, Savchenko started a hunger strike, the second one since the beginning of her detention in Russia. According to her defense team, she already lost more than 15 kilograms and faces serious health problems. Savchenko demands to release her from detention and let her go back to Ukraine.
Nadia Savchenko, MP and former Ukraine’s Air Force officer, was captured by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukraine in summer 2014. She says they captured her, forcefully brought her to Russia and passed her to Russian investigative authorities. Savchenko is charged with murder of two Russian reporters who worked in eastern Ukraine without any permission of the Ukrainian government. She is also charged with the illegal crossing of the Russian border. The pilot, her defense team and the Ukrainian government deny all charges, demanding to release her.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain