Report of the Prosecutor's General in numbers
Lutsenko presented a 6 months report of the Prosecutor's General Office timed to the Independence Day
Annual report of the Prosecutor's General: More than 450 corruption cases submitted to the court, internal audits returned lands to state ownership
During this period, the Prosecutor-General's Office was headed by two leaders: Victor Shokin and Yuriy Lutsenko
Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko reported some statistics showing the results of work of the Prosecutor's Office for the first 6 months of 2016, while congratulating the Prosecutors' officers on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Ukraine's Independence and the Day of the State Flag of Ukraine.
He noted that they had 900 corruption cases, sending more than 50% of them to the court. 276 corrupt officials were drawn their sentences, which already took their legal effects. The sum of damage on the specified crimes makes 31 million USD.
Seized assets of the suspects cost more than 32 million USD. Seized active assets are worth of 500 000 USD, claims for another 5.8 million USD are made.
At that activities of Klimenko and Kurchenko caused Ukraine about 8 billion USD loss.
Also, prosecutors returned more than 42 thousand hectares of land to the state and communal ownership, which is worth of nearly 120 million USD.
The Prosecutor General also stressed that there are no officers with immunity among prosecutors. He noted that there are 22 criminal proceedings in progress against prosecutors and stressed that he guarantees neutrality and proactive position in this direction.
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas