Religious procession moves further in spite of prohibitions and warnings from police
The column, organized by the Russian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate the procession, continued their way on to Kyiv on the Zhytomyr highway
The column, organized by the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate the procession, continued their way on to Kyiv on the Zhytomyr highway. Police is maintaining order, reporters Interfax-Ukraine with the reference to the press service of the Kyiv region police.
As it was reported earlier, the procession of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church started in Eastern Ukraine on July 3 at Svyatogorska Lavra and in Western Ukraine on July 9 at Pochayiv Lavra. It is planned that the two groups of believers meet on July 27 in Kiev on St. Volodymyr's Hill, and together with the Kyiv citizens and pilgrims from all over Ukraine proceed to Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra.
The Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) reported the establishment of the Defense Staff of Kyiv together with eight non-governmental organizations, which is intended to prevent the participants of the procession from entering Kyiv.
Note that the column, moving from the Eastern part of Ukraine, was blocked by activists at the approaches to Boryspil city.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case