“Release Savchenko” banner to hang on Ukraine’s Embassy in the USA
Ambassador Valeriy Chaly called the Ukrainian pilot “the symbol of Ukraine’s struggle for freedom”
The banner urging Russia to immediately release Hero of Ukraine Nadiya Savchenko will be hanging on the Embassy’s building, located in one of the most crowded places in Washington. The Embassy’s press service in the USA reported this on Tuesday.
“Ambassador Valeriy Chaly positively assessed the unity of U.S. political forces regarding Ukrainian political prisoners and hostages that are being illegally held in Russia. He noted that Nadiya united her compatriots all around the world, so that the issue of her release has got far beyond any political statements. She became a symbol of Ukraine’s struggle for freedom”, the Embassy’s press service said.
As 112 International reported, MP and officer of Ukraine's Air Force Nadiya Savchenko is sentenced to 22 years of Russian prison. The respective verdict was prononuced on March 22. Savchenko already said that she'd resume waterless hunger strike on April 6, when the court's decision comes into force. Nadiya's lawyers urge activists to join protest actions against her illegal detention in Russia.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars