Record of president Lukashenko: 83.49% (preliminary results)
Belarusian opposition leaders called not to recognize the results of presidential elections
According to preliminary results, the current President Alexander Lukashenko won the president election in Belarus, by gaining 83.49% of the vote. The voters turnout in the presidential elections was 86.75%, as reported by the Central Election Commission of Belarus.
Opposition leaders, Mikalai Statkevich, Anatol Lyabedzka, Uladzimir Nyaklyayew, during a joint press conference in Minsk, October 11 evening, urged the international community not to recognize the results of the presidential elections in Belarus, BelaPAN. According to Nyaklyaeu, opposition leaders gathered to say: "We do not recognize these elections, played as an electoral performance of the Belarusian regime". There are more than enough reasons for it, he added.
“It's not only the data of independent observers, but also the fact that the authority had carried out a fraud, - said the politician. - Never before has the regime driven the people to the polls for early voting, where, as shows the experience of previous campaigns, one hundred percent falsification took place”.
In turn, the leader of the United Civil Party Anatol Lyabedzka highlighted that it is important not only to prevent the recognition of the elections, but also the legitimacy of Lukashenko in the international arena.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars