Rapid Trident 2016 kicks off in western Ukraine
Starting June 27, firing range in Lviv region hosts Ukraine-U.S. military drills
The official opening ceremony took place at the International Centre for Peacekeeping and Security of the National Ground Troops Academy of Ukraine. U.S. Ground Troops is Europe and the U.S. National Guard took part.
About 1,800 servicemen from 13 countries will be involved in the exercise. Besides Ukraine and the USA, the military from Canada, the UK, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Turkey, Romania, Georgia, Moldova, Poland, Norway and Sweden will participate. The USA and Canada sent the largest contingent, about 400 men in total.
Ukraine is represented by servicemen from an army brigade of the Ground Troops, soldiers from an airborne unit, marines, and cadets of the National Ground Troops Academy of Ukraine. Most of them are battle-hardened troops who took fire in eastern Ukraine.
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars