Rada has ratified Paris agreement on climate change
The Verkhovna Rada has ratified Paris Agreement on reducing the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from 2020
The Verkhovna Rada has ratified Paris Agreement on reducing the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from 2020. 279 MPs voted for the agreement.
The agreement is aimed to hold the increase in the global average temperature well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels.
The agreement was signed on 12 December 2015 in Paris at the 21st Conference of the Parties of the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference.
As a result of ratification of Paris Agreement Ukraine shall join an international legal instrument, replacing Kyoto Protocol and providing for every party of a Framework Convention on Climate Change shall take specific actions to combat climate change due to their possibilities in the light of the national peculiarities.
Paris Agreement shall enter into its force only if 55 countries that produce at least 55% of the world's greenhouse gas emissionsratify, accept, approve or accede to the agreement.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels