Pyatt: USA disappointed by results of Dutch referendum
EU-Ukraine Association agreement is beneficial for Ukraine, Europe and the United States, the Ambassador said
Washington is disappointed by the outcome of the nationwide referendum held in the Netherlands on April 6, said U.S. Ambassador in Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt (Interfax Ukraine).
“Of course, we are disappointed by the result. But we respect democratic practices in the Netherlands”, the official noted.
According to the Ambassador, the United States believe that the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is a “good business” for Ukraine, Europe, the USA and their respective interests. “Thus, we continue to support implementation of the agreement, which includes such critically important directions as supremacy of law and fighting corruption”, Pyatt said.
As 112 International reported, the nationwide referendum in the Netherlands took place on April 6. The plebiscite was supposed to show the attitude of the Dutch towards political association between the EU and Ukraine. According to various exit polls released across the country after the referendum, 61 percent of the respondents voted “contra”.
The official results of the referendum will be released on April 12.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case