Pyatt: the USA hope Ukraine will assign independent Prosecutor General
The U.S. Ambassador participated in second annual Conference for Democratic Management in Kyiv
According to Geoffrey Pyatt, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko assured the U.S. government that Ukraine will soon assign the new independent and professional Prosecutor General (Interfax-Ukraine).
The Ambassador stressed that the USA expect an end to the period of political uncertainty in Ukraine and consensus on the issues of candidacy of the new Prosecutor General and the line-up of the government, as well as continuing with reforms in Ukraine and fulfilling its commitments before the International Monetary Fund.
The official added that Washington is not ready to supply guarantees and financial aid to Ukraine until the crisis is resolved and reforms are being implemented in the country.
According to the U.S. Ambassador, the White House is “interested in Ukraine’s success and ready to continue the course of reforms, helping Ukraine to defend itself against the Russian aggressor”. But for that to happen, Ukraine needs unity of all political leaders, President, Premier and Parliamentary Speaker, Pyatt said.
As 112 International reported, President Petro Poroshenko is on working visit to the USA. The Ukrainian leader met U.S. top officials, in particular President Barack Obama and Vice President Joseph Biden; UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and Dutch Premier Mark Rutte. During the visit, Poroshenko participated in the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, D.C., where he came on the invitation of the U.S. leader.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas